Newsroom Cambodia is a hands-on training program to learn and practice journalism on a daily basis, with the goal of participating in professional daily news production at VOD by the end of the course.
Over the three-month, full-time course, trainees will learn about:
- Story ideas and angles.
- Article structure and writing.
- Media law, journalism ethics.
- Digital security.
And much more.
They will also be progressively incorporated into the VOD newsroom:
- Attend morning editorial meetings to better understand news ideas and angles.
- Shadow professional journalists on reporting assignments.
- Assist VOD reporters with gathering information.
- Contribute story ideas.
- Report news stories for VOD as a group or individually.